"Blues In The Night"

"Blues In The Night"
From the show, Piano Man, onboard "Radiance Of The Seas" Royal Caribbean

Sunday 24 October 2010

Journal Writing.

As I've read through other people's blog's I was quite surprised at how many people have never wrote a journal. I have always wrote a journal on and off, probably since high school so I don't feel too worried about the first task on our Reflection section. However their are very different type's of journal's I've kept before, some have just been random thought's on the day or feeling's, probably more like a diary than a journal, and other's have been for work purposes. 


Since starting as a professional, I found it extremely helpful to keep a journal. When I first started working for Royal Caribbean I was 19 and thrown into a completely different situation than I'd ever been in before. I flew out to Miami on my own, I didn't know anyone, and the workload was pretty full on! I was quite intimidated because everyone was quite experienced, so I found it helpful to keep a diary of how I felt, and what I was experiencing. It's great for when I look back as see how terrified I was to fly on my own, and meet new people and it's something that I look at now and laugh at. I also found it helpful to journal on work. I would write how I felt and reflect upon how I thought the day had gone. I found it so helpful. If your struggling with something and frustrated you can just write it all down and forget about it for a while, then when you've worked on it and have it sorted you can come back and see that you've achieved something. Which is a great feeling.


I don't think previously before this course I had thought about a journal in so much depth but now i find it so intriguing to think about everything more as i reflect. At the moment I don't have much to reflect on since I'm not in work at the moment, but i am really looking forward to starting rehearsal's and keeping an in-depth journal! 

No comments:

Post a Comment