"Blues In The Night"

"Blues In The Night"
From the show, Piano Man, onboard "Radiance Of The Seas" Royal Caribbean

Friday 1 October 2010

Flickr Photo's

Today I added a few picture's to Flickr and set up my account. It's strange because a few week's ago, one of my friend's actually created a Flickr account himself! I wish I had paid more attention and realised what a great idea it was.
Please feel free to comment on my photo's as most of them are just work in progress and not professional photo's, so I would love to hear what people like best and any idea's anyone has!!! 


I have currently had my hair cut to a bob, so need some new headshot's! That's why you will only see one picture of me with short hair. I haven't got new photo's done yet as I only just cut it so im still deciding whether I'm going to keep it. Obviously I don't want to spend alot of money on great new headshot's if im just going to grow my hair back and look like my old headshot's!! 




The link is http://www.flickr.com/photos/melissagreenhough/




After initially only adding a few dance photo's, I was wondering what else represent's me. After all if people or employer's view our photo's on Flickr, do we want them only to see what we can do professionally? I feel the kind of photo's we upload can also say alot about us too. If people have lots of picture's with their friends up, or animal's, you can then understand a bit of thei. personality too.




One big part of my job and one of the main reason's I love to work for Royal Caribbean is the fact that I also get to travel all over the world whilst dancing. Although my shows always come first, I do like to go exploring too when I have any time off!!! =)
I made a photo album for my own personal use a while ago of every country i've been too... or almost every country and I thought it would give an insight to my personality and love to travel to someone I have never even met. 

2 comments:

  1. Nice blog site.
    I think that having a professional photos in a separate place from personal ones is a good idea. If someone doesn't know you and wants to find out more they can 'Goggle' you and then see all the bits there are about you. Whereas most people who are looking for some to work with have a lot of people to look through and need to get to the point (ie see the professional you) because they are looking for someone to employ. Maybe you could have a professional site that you can send people to who need to get information for work and a personal one that show a more 3D side to you. What do you think?
    Adesola

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, i keep re - working it when i see something on other people's Blog's that i like.

    I wasn't sure at first, as i wanted the picture's to have a certain kind of personal touch but then i have also thought of just keeping it very personal. So i have kind of swayed between both options, but now that i hear it from someone else, i feel it would be better to keep them separate and instead let the professional photo's themselves be the more personal aspect.
    I think it would work better if an employer was searching me and as you said, they don't really have the time to be searching out of a bunch of photo's for the one's that will catch there eye.
    I think i will work on getting two sites set up, on professional and one personal.
    Thanks for your help!!!

    ReplyDelete